WHITE OAK LIBRARY is located at
11701 New Hampshire Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Please join us for yet another exciting meeting of fans of electric vehicles. Please pass this message to other email lists, listservs, forums of whatever kind to invite others.
Our monthly meeting will be on Wed Aug 21 from 7 – 9 PM with plenty of time before and after for schmoozing/networking. Pizzas and beverages will be served as usual.
Here is a proposed agenda. We welcome your additions if you bring them to my attention.
1. Voting electronically. We will consider a motion to allow those who could not attend a meeting in person to vote via some form of electronic ballot.
2. National Plug in Day. Sept 28-29. Charlie, Mark, Lanny, Jeff and a bunch of others who are working on NPID will report and seek your help. We are part of the national celebration of this effort to educate the public about EVs. This is our third year, sponsored by our own Electric Auto Association [EVADC is a chapter], Plug in America, and the Sierra Club.www.pluginday.org
3. Tour of Solar Homes Oct 5 -6.EVs needed. www.solartour.org. This is also part of the national effort to showcase solar homes, sponsored by the American Solar Energy Society, HQed in Colorado.
4. Power of DC drag races. Any news to report?
5. Media interviews in Virginia. Jeff and Dennis are stars ! What news.
6. Long distance all-EV runs. Who is holding the non-Tesla record?
7. Charging. Levels 1, 2 and 3. What news?
8. Seek volunteers to serve on a committee to look at our bylaws, review, suggest changes if needed.
9. Labor Day parade in Greenbelt. John Lippert, parade master, invites us to attend again this year. Monday 9/2 9 AM.
Thanks to you all for making the EV revolution happen !
Charlie Garlow, President, and all of our officers/volunteers.