January 16, 2013
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Silver Spring Library
- Jill Sorensen (BEVI) updated us on the status of the YES Corp, a summer intern program for college students.
- Charlie Garlow discussed the junior solar sprints. The next competition will be at Dunloring Middle School in Va.
- The gentleman from Estonia told us about his company called “Park Now” which allows users to pay for parking and EV charging via their cell phones.
- Michael Krauthamer explained the eVgo charging network. Focus on L3 charging. First station in the area at Van Ness metro will open in three weeks.
- Bob Bruninga stated the BW Medical Center has added four L1 charging stations.
- Dave Goldstein and Eric Cardwell appealed to the club for cars to be shown in the DC Auto Show.
- Jill Sorensen announced the Baltimore Auto Show and stated that Motor Trend is sponsoring an EV ride and drive.
- Dave Goldstein suggested that the club sell the Aztec. Members agreed. Bryan Murtha will contact an interested party from MIT. If they cannot work out a deal, the Aztec will list on ebay.
- Elvia Thompson announced the Davidsonville Green Expo; appealed to the club to provide vehicles.
- Lanny Hartmann announced the next MD Volt Meetup.
- Jeffrey Jacobs announced the EVA/DC February meeting will be held in Dunloring, VA.
- Jeffrey Jacobs announced that club members are putting a bulk purchase together for a home made SOC meter for the LEAF ($60-$90).
Minutes submitted by: